Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Time for the Michigan Sweep


A very good friend of mine from Rotary, Judge Mike, was an ND grad and always celebrated here in the Land of the Skunkbear when the Irish vanquished both Michigan teams in a 2 week period.
Though I have vowed to carry on the tradition, I have had scant few opportunities as Sparty has had ND's number in South Bend.
Two years ago, my son Charlie and I saw a great ND victory in East Lansing when the Irish came back in a furious 4th quarter rally to beat Sparty.
Sparty was so concerned that the Irish were as classless as them that they had already prepared for defeat and had posted "guards" on the 50 yard line to prevent the Irish players from performing a similar classless ritual as they had performed in South Bend the year prior. Of course, the Irish came directly over to their fans and saluted them, then sang tha alma mater.
This is an image that will always define Sparty for me.
ND-31; Sparty-21.
GO IRISH!

No comments: